Shop Owner app error

Hi Sumeet. The shop owner app is not running on my PC. Familiar with this error?
Also in the admin app, has the credential changed? I logged out and can’t log in again.

Yes … i deleted … APIKeys.java from the project files … In order to hide the API Keys …

YOu will see a file with name APIKeysExample.java you should rename it to APIKeys.java … It would solve the problem …

Sorry for making this complicated … i will update the repo and put some easy way to deal with this …

now coming to the question of login to Admin app … yes the credentials for admin of DEMO Market was changed …

But if you have a Droplet copy of Nearby Shops Starter Image … you can login as ADMIN to your own market …

You just need to use your own Market URL before you login to the Admin app …

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. But I can’t still log in
I am not sure whether my test for the jar file and configs were successful.
My mailgun seems not to be working also because when I try to set up an account or reset, I get nothing.
Just to be sure, is the market url the same as the domain name for the DO droplet?

Yes the market url is the same as the domain name for the droplet …

E-mail won’t work unless … until the server is started … which isn’t the case here …

Now coming to the error … It’s showing … Port already in use …

So you may be using port 80 on your droplet which might already be used by some other process …

You need to kill that process … Free up that port … Or you can just use another free port …

You have installed using manual installation guide … Installation using digital Ocean image is more easier and error free !!

Thanks for the rapt response
I will redo the whole installation and see if it works.

Also I know you’ve done a lot of work on this project. If you can spend a little time adding brief comments to the codebase, it will really be helpful. Sometimes we don’t know how and where one part connects to the other.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback … I will keep that in mind to add brief comments … And I will also make a developer guide for those interested in editing the code …

Your feedback is helping me improve the project …

1 Like

If you are facing any issues in server side or installation of your backend … i would recommend you to install the backend using DO snapshot image !!

https://developer.nearbyshops.org/installation/installation-on-digital-ocean.html

HI Summeet. I did it the DO way but still not able to log in. Maybe I am not doing something right. Do I need to create the DB as it was done in the manual or I should just leave it?

No … there is no need to create a database … everything is done already ! But for security reasons you can change the name | password of the database …

For initial demo … you can just leave everything as it is … and follow the steps given below …

Step 1 :Assign Domain

After you create the Droplet … you need to assign a domain name to your droplet … there is a networking panel at DO you can use it to do that !

Step 2 :Download app

Then download the admin app from this page … https://developer.nearbyshops.org/installation/downloads.html

Step 3: Select your market

Before you login … make sure that you 've selected your market … there is a change market button on your admin app … when you click that … you can connect to your market directly using market url also …

Step 4 : Login

The credentials for admin is provided in the api_config.properties file … you can use those credentials to login … if you change these credentials … just remember to restart the process using
Systemctl restart nearbyshopsapi

PS : If you still facing any issues … get back to me … give me your droplet credentials … i will configure it for you !! You can change the credentials after the setup is done !